Cloud Data Engineer
LocationFull Time, Chennai
Front End or Backend or Full Stack Development
We are a Product Engineering company. We specialize in building innovative products from ideation to development. We are not a typical IT services company and don’t do support and maintenance projects! Founded by an ex-Googler (or Xoogler) in 2009, we have created a niche for ourselves by leveraging the most exciting technologies in AI/ML, Cloud, DevOps, IIoT, and more. Our people have a fantastic time upskilling and working on them.
We have an enviable list of customers, including Facebook, Oracle, Siemens, Roche, Medtronics, and several exciting startups. Our projects are typically innovation-driven. For instance, we are building an AI platform to personalize cancer treatment by analyzing genealogy data. Work can’t get more impactful than this!
We have a 4.7 rating on Glassdoor!
What’s more, did you know that we have spun off several exciting product AI and RPA companies like PipeCandy and element5? Our spin-offs operate from the same office and present unique opportunities to the challenge-hungry. So when you join Ideas2IT, you actually open up a whole new world of possibilities!
What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity to upskill cutting-edge Big Data Engineering tools like Hadoop, Spark, Python, Scala, AWS/Redshift, Azure, Apache Spark, Hive, MongoDB, SQL, and NoSQL.
- Build truly cloud-native applications on AWS, Azure, Google, etc.
- You will have the backing of peers who are very talented and will team with you to push the horizons to new frontiers.
- Your time here will be full of opportunities to upskill on the latest technologies/tech stacks. And even make open-source contributions and be celebrated for it!
- You will earn above-industry standard compensation, work on great innovation-led projects for marquee clients like Facebook, Microsoft, Siemens, Roche, and Medtronic.
- You will experience a great work culture that nurtures both creativity and growth.
- You work in a financially-stable company and yet enjoy all the thrills of working in a startup, minus any of the risks.
What you will be doing here
- Write high-quality, scalable, fault-tolerant code to develop and maintain data pipelines (both real-time and batch).
- Maintain various data stores and distributed systems, and help optimize data structures for efficient querying of those systems.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists to implement Machine Learning algorithms.
- Devise strategies for data migration activities (migrating data from a legacy system to cloud-based data warehouses like Amazon Redshift and Snowflake).
- Construct data orchestration to foster the streaming data using Streaming Technology and build real-time dashboards.
- Build serverless, scalable, and cost-efficient applications for visualizing the data.
What could make you a great candidate for this position
- A background in Frontend, Backend, or Full Stack Development.
Good to Haves
- Good knowledge of Java.
Apply for this position
Having trouble submitting the form?
Why work at Ideas2IT
Startup of startups
We build multiple products ourselves, hence you will have broad exposure and all the excitement and learnings that come with working for startups. But since we have large enterprises like Ericsson, Medtronics, and Oracle as anchor customers, we are very stable. Its all the excitement of startups without the associated risk.
We invest heavily in our employees learning at an accelerated pace. In addition to cutting edge technologies, we create opportunities to learn leadership, entrepreneurship and so on. We have many programs likes Shart Tank, Tech talks, learning groups to make this happen. You can also take initiatives and bring in new technologies
We have a unique culture with a lot of individual freedom and responsibility. Many decisions that managers will make in other companies are done by adhoc employee committees. There is a reason people have been with us since founding 10 years ago!
We believe in employer’s growth should be according to their accomplishment instead of years of experience. You will get ample opportunities to prove yourself and raise at your own pace.
Enjoy benefits like simple, convenient opta credit employee loans, health insurance, relaxed dress code (as long as you don’t come in your night clothes!), Flexi-Benefit to save taxes and Zeta card (Foooood).