Java is a programming language and computing platform used for creating and running applications. It is designed to be easy to learn and use, with a focus on readability and simplicity.
Some of the main features of Java include:
- Object-oriented: Java is an object-oriented programming language, which means it is built around the concept of objects and the interactions between them. This makes it easy to create reusable code and model real-world situations.
- Platform-independent: Java code is compiled into a machine-independent format called bytecode, which can be run on any device that has a Java Virtual Machine (JVM) installed. This makes it easy to write code that can be run on any device, regardless of the underlying hardware and operating system.
- Secure: Java is designed with security in mind, with features such as static type checking and runtime checking to prevent common security vulnerabilities.
- Concurrent: Java supports concurrent programming, which means that multiple threads can run in parallel within the same program. This makes it easy to write programs that can take advantage of multiple processors or cores.
- Robust: Java has a strong emphasis on error checking and exception handling, which helps to ensure that code is reliable and easy to maintain.
Overall, Java is a popular and powerful programming language that is widely used in a variety of applications, including web development, mobile app development, and scientific computing.
Let’s learn about Java 9 & 11-17 in this PPT.
Found it very useful 😉